Restaurants in Rotorua
1) Abracadabra Café – a neat little place with a great backyard. Quick and light lunch; great flat whites and a safe play area for kids.
2) Regent Hotel – this is a motel turned into a boutique hotel – very nice. Beautiful dining inside or outside (poolside) – you can work with them easily to pick a uniquely designed menu
3) Lime Café – a cool little place, centrally located, with great coffee and urban ambiance
4) Capers – this is a great restaurant in the heart of the CBD, steps to Millennium. Food is tasty and service is quick – they could event work with you do to a box lunch or host a picnic by the lake!
5) Pig & Whistle – Rotorua’s only Historic English Pub. A nice selection of beers and quite a large variety of dining options.
Outside of town however, there are incredible options as well.
1) Mokoia restaurant, at Wai Ora Spa, this is a great restaurant they do a wonderful lunch I am told!
2) Okere Falls Cafe – a truly unique restaurant: a few kilometers out of town, It’s located right on top of Okere Falls and offers a truly unique dining environment.
3) Tarawerea Landing – also a bit out of town but a unique and very impressive setting. On the shores of Lake Tarawera (a volcano that erupted in 1886). This is an incredible place, with the lake and the mountain it is truly majestic.