Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
Due to the incredible popularity of this year’s SSEM we have unfortunately had to close registrations!
If you would still like to attend as a day delegate for Thursday or Friday please contact the conference organiser, Denby on firstname.lastname@example.org
The organizing committee of SSEM 2015 take pleasure in inviting you to this year’s seminar, to be held in the beautiful and world-renowned Barossa Valley in South Australia. This is your opportunity to visit this bucket-list destination!
All practitioners of emergency medicine ( including nursing and paramedic staff ) are welcome to attend. The venue will be the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, where the accommodation and environs are both relaxing and family friendly. The Barossa is all about good food, good wine, lifestyle and culture. The area is scenically beautiful, enjoys a Mediterranean climate, and is located and easy one hour’s drive from Adelaide.
We have provided food for your brain in the form of a robust academic program, and for your heart a social program which must be seen to be believed!
- The Welcome Reception on Tuesday is to be held at Chateau Tanunda with the Horizon Speech to be given by ENT surgeon/ winemaker Dr. John Tomich.
- The Conference Dinner on Thursday night at Yalumba Winery.
- Or you could join in the novel Beer vs Wine degustation dinner on Wednesday night..
The academic program focuses on topical issues in emergency medicine and on practical procedures, with ample opportunity to practice your skills in small groups under skilled supervision. Interactive workshops are included as we believe that workshops are an great way to learn. These include:
- Trauma Skills
- Paediatric & Neonatal Resuscitation
- Medico Legal/Clinical Photography & Social Media
- ED Ventilation
- Use of Ultrasound to Assess Shock
- How to Avoid Cognitive error in the ED
- What’s that Rhythm?
- Best Practice Care of the Dying
- How to Win Over Patients & Influence Registrars
- Can’t Intubate, Can’t Ventilate
- Improving Non-Invasive Ventilation in the ED
We are excited by the Barossa’s natural beauty. And we think you will find that the South Australian medical community is welcoming as well!
We look forward to you joining us in 2015.
Joy Treasure, Andrew Perry & Peter Roberts
The SSEM 2015 Organising Committee
Supported by Greg McDonald, Gayle McInerney, Clare Skinner, Mary Webber, Ross White
SSEM 2015 has ACEM CPD accreditation for 18 hours – Activity ID 15/003.
Why don’t you join us and be consumed and come to the Spring Seminar
For excellent information on all things Barossa